I’ve said it before, I want more. I’m not okay with the lack of pure spirit-filled power in my life. I hate my hang-ups and inabilities, my laziness, my poor time management, etc. I want to grow closer to Christ, I want to know Him more deeply and intimately, I want to actually have time to write and to get my poems memorized like they’re second nature. I want to learn gentleness, humility, love. I want wisdom. How am I going to do this?
I’m starting by fasting.
Starting today, I’ll be avoiding all social media for a week so that I can use my time to do more praying, spend more time reading my Bible, spend more time having quality conversations in person and through phone and email, pray more, write more, and pouring time into my poetry. I’m trusting that God is gonna show Himself to me more powerfully and do some serious work on my heart. At the same time, I’m giving up food and only drinking water until next Monday too. That’s only gonna sharpen the effects of the time I invest into all of this other stuff. So unless you call me or email me email@example.com, then you probably won’t be hearing from me. I’ll update this blog as I complete writing projects and my tumblr is set to automatically update throughout the week without me and subsequently do the same to my twitter and Facebook. So, it’ll be almost like I’m still there!
Can you join me in keeping a couple of things in prayer as I fast this week?
- Our church plant in Lake Elsinore is looking for an affordable place to meet weekly
- My Friday night Bible Study group is all fasting in some way this week, so pray for God to come, meet, and transform each of us in each of our fasts
- Pray for my brother in Christ, Delroy, as He asks God to provide for his schooling. Check here for more info.
- Pray for the Lakeside House as we move into a new season
- Pray for my brothers Frenchie and Joey as they re-adjust to life outside of our community house
- Pray for strongholds to be broken and for new depths of Christ-likeness to be displayed in my life.
- Oh yeah, I start a second job this week so pray for my strength
- Pray for balance and good time management
I’ll add more as I update during the week. Thank you guys so much!